Tuesday, October 11, 2005

DON'T POINT THAT THING AT ME!

000_0115
I couldn�t resist when Danielle called. She said; "I was the second highest bidder and the high bidder was too smart to pick up (or pay for) his prize. Would I be interested?"
000_0114
Sure I would, at least enough to look into it a little deeper. Especially after considering the paint condition of the turquoise cracker, not to mention the white cracker or the rust on the Gravely that pride forces me to fix, I parted with the cash and eagerly awaited the first glimpse of my latest auction prize.
000_0105
Here it is, the Sears 100lb Sandblaster that should help me prep the old crackers for painting and bust the rust on the Gravely too. At $26.00 it even came with a brand new tip, still in the original package marked $13.98. With a few more tips, a little practice and a lot of sand, I'll prep those flakey paint jobs.
B0000222YQ.01
I'm also considering this Porter-Cable 7403 Power Paint Remover for the flat part of the siding. The reviews are good for flat work but until now I couldn�t quite visualize how to handle the radiused edge of the novelty siding. The sandblaster should fill the bill, provided I don't get too exuberant with pressue or proximity.
But, hang on. A little on-line research and its humbling empirical data has changed my reality. Suddenly, my 100lb. sandblaster and small compressor seem small and inadequate. But, I�ll start out with this wimpy rig anyway and if it looks like sand will do the job, I�ll invest in the proper equipment to handle the volume of work in front of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home