Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Turquoise Cracker, finally ours!

After nine months of peeling the onion, discovering and correcting errors in the deed and survey, losing two tenths of an acre, today we finally closed on the Turquoise Cracker.
Photo 16 of 28
The scrub has grown up since this photo was taken, but the house remains solid (imagine 6"X8" rim joists of heart pine), dry and ready for work. But, wait, I can't start this new project yet, I haven't finished painting the Deux Chauteaux.
000_0048
You can see that I finally got the front of Fiasceaux painted and finished painting the front of Wineaux too. But, that still leaves three more sides of each cottage to go!
000_0050
While we were peeling the onion, an architect designed additions, the engineer an engineered foundation, the lawyer engaged the town's attorney in discussions on buildabililty, the house mover looked it over, the electrician applied for a temporary power permit and the new building official raised an endless succession of issues we continue to address. So, it's not like this project has been stuck on dead center. It just seems that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home